Thursday, January 15, 2009

eyore egor.

well I can't say that I have anything that tops my adventures with moses, but I will say that I have had a great time in puerto viejo. the town itself is a bit touristy ( a bit too much for my liking so I did not really shoot here, well except for taking pictures of my hostel.. rocking j's... look it up its awesome. I have been renting a tent for 6 bux a night and the whole hostel is covered in mosaics, it is sooo awesome, i feel like i have been living in a hippy commune for the past week. I knew it was going to be good when i saw the sign reading prohibitar fumar marijuana in el hotel va a la playa.... don't smoke pot in the hotel go to the beach. I also enjoyed the 'emergency sex chair' that was holding tour brochures... I have mostly been going to the beach with Maris here. I'm generally not a huge beach person.. but I have adapted. I have been going to the beach so much that my black skirt that i wear with my bathing suit was so salty and faded beyond repair or washing so bought my first thing for myself here.. a new coverup and i just threw out my skirt. other than going to the beach Maris and i have been trying to get to the indigenous reserve in bribri.... however we keep getting distracted by the beach and sleeping in late with our 'novio's'.... Novio's are by far my favorite part of staying in one town for a bit and going salsa dancing... Pretty much i have it made... a beach all the time, a guaranteed dancing partner ( even if they are on tico time) and someone to take long walks on the beach with. I leave for San Jose tomorrow with Maris, our novios cant keep their eyes dry and have decided to accompany us on our journey to San Jose.... for just one more day...oh! and i almost forgot... berny mi novio has been trying to learn english from me... we established that burro- spanish for donkey... is not exactly the same as the word jackass... we have learned that eyore is a donkey... the one in 'winne poo' and egore is not in dracula but in frankenstein and is a monstre.... however i was unable to exsplain the meaning of hommie when asked the best sentance ever ' que significa hommie?'

1 comment:

  1. haha. sidney has actually been referring to rocking j{s as "the commune."

    yaaargh. this costa rican keyboard doesn{t want me to make an apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete