Sunday, March 29, 2009

¿Donde estas el bus de fiesta?¿Como entrada el bus de fiesta?

um so yeah... megan and I had our last night out in Panama city and it was only a half success...again. We did go see traditional panamanian dance. I was all about it. I have decided, wether or not this is politically corect or not, that latin women really love shit on their heads. Wether it is flowers, fruit, heavy baskets, or gold sparkly things, they are all about it. Come to think of it I am too! I was really happy with the amount of costumes involved with the traditional dance, panama hats, this type of exspensive ruffle dress maybe called a pollera, pom poms, man purses, dragon suits, and best of all enormous purple flowy dresses that were flailed around while men tap danced at the feet of women. I have pretty much decided that I always want to dance with shit in my hair and huge long ruffley dresses.... and if a man tap danced around me I´d probably be into that. We had to eat dinner at this show and I had some delightful squid with red peppers and coconut sauce and then my favorite latin dessert ever tres leches cake! This show also involved a lot of middle aged and old people, including but not limited to a group of spanish women who were swaying back and forth, clapping and singing along with the opening songs. It also meant that I got to exsperience one of my favorite past times... watching old folks try to dance and move their hips. Fantastic. After that Megan and I had planed to try to catch the fiest a bus ( a us school bus, painted, with disco lights, a dj and a pole inside) and then go to karnak a egyptian themed bar next to a cowboy themed bar on isla flamenco. Well let me tell you! we saw FIVE fiesta buses on the way there, I was pretty hopeful and excited! But alas when we arived at flamenco... neither cheesy bar existed, then we acidentally crashed a birthday party, and then left just in time to catch someone elses wedding´s fireworks show. We decided to wait a bit for the fiesta bus, and then call it a night, and then it happened... we saw the fiesta bus! I flagged it down! and it passed us!!!! Snubed by the fiesta buS! we solemnly flaged down a cab, and asked him how the fiesta bus worked... he exsplained you could rent it out... or sometimes pay 10 bux to ride.... and then he cut two of the fiesta buses off! we got out at supermercado rey because no cab drivers know where our hostel is, and we figured we might see the fiesta bus on the short walk home..... we did not, but we did watch a live salsa band complete with fedoras through a chainlink fence.... we couldnt afford admission. Today megan and I went to the egg shaped bahai temple on top of a mountain in panama city.... it was very sureal and involved alot of our cab driver asking for directions and recieving dome shaped hand gestures and directo! mas ariba! when we finaly made it we quietly read all of the bahai literature... and then we were given silk capes to cover our scandalous shoulders. We listened to the service... which was mumbled in the poor dome acoustics... and then we left and said to eachother that was cool and all but lets go get fancy iced coffee and go to the mall, so we did to kill time before our flight home. Yup its true the journey is ending.... next stop on the central american tour Philadelphia... and thats not a typo spelled with a ph not a fil. I cant say that im ready to go home... im ready to do all of south america... but im broke and i should probably visit all of my awesome friends in philly and then get a real job and use my degree....

we fly out at 8pm tonight.... philly get ready!

oh! and we visited the kuna tribe in the archepelago de san blas.... and they are a bunch of jerks! Also Im not a fan of bucket showers..... ask me about all this later....


see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment